How do I obtain a release for DMV?

-A A +A

All taxes currently due at the time the release is requested must be paid in full.  If you have outstanding taxes and wish to obtain a DMV release (so you can register or re-register a motor vehicle), you are required to pay the outstanding balance with cash, money order, cashier's check, or a credit card.  There is a 10 day waiting period for taxes paid with a personal check.   

The Department of Motor Vehicles no longer accepts paper releases, all motor vehicle releases are now processed electronically by the Tax Collector's office.