I am planning on having a home birth. What should I do to apply for a CT birth certificate for the child?

-A A +A

Before you deliver your baby, go to your Town Clerk/Registrar of Vital Statistics in the town in which you plan to deliver, which is probably the town you live in.  The Town Clerk will give you a "home birth packet" of information and forms.  Everything you need to do is explained in the packet.  The Town Clerk can also answer any questions and explain the process.