The Pomfret Republican Town Committee elected its 2020 membership at a caucus held on January 14, 2020. The Town Committee has a solid and growing membership.
Our 2021 Officers are:
- Chairman: Ellsworth E Chase Jr
- Vice Chairman: Vacant
- Treasurer: Patricia A Chase
- Secretary: John Rauh
2021 Town Committee Members
Whitney Bundy, Elizabeth Cariter, Ellsworth Chase, Patricia Chase, John Charest, Jill Corey, Richard Dunn, Jane Dunn, Don Dunning, Martha Emilio, Tony Emilio, Gabrielle Labonte, Susan Hatfield, Jacob Ireland, Peter Mann, John Rauh, Nora Robbins, Paul Simpson, Brent Tuttle, Susan Windrow, Blake Wolanin, Jill Vollweiller
The Town Committee meets monthly at the Grill 37 on the first Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm. All registered Republicans are invited, encouraged and welcome to attend.
What we do — Provide a slate of candidates for local offices, select delegates to state nominating conventions, choose a representative to the Republican State Central Committee, and conduct election activities and fundraising in support of local, state, and national Republican candidates.
Who we are — Our committee is dedicated to promoting individual freedom and responsibility, fiscally sound and limited government, Constitutional values and the principles adopted by our Founding Fathers. We support the election of candidates at the local, state, and national levels who share our values.
Our Platform values are organized in four areas Leadership, Education, Environment, Fiscal which provide a thorough approach towards meeting our mission.
- Our leaders will implement policies and practices in a manner that is fair and open to the ideas of all community members regardless of party affiliation.
- Strive to preserve our unique community and excellent schools
- Support well-conceived open space initiatives, zoning regulations and economic development opportunities with consideration for their fiscal impact and long-term vision
- Respect the property rights of individuals, their respect for the rights of others and in their preservation of the town’s rural character
- Promote policies that address a clean and safe environment
- Spend what is necessary to efficiently provide essential services and maintain infrastructure to avoid more costly outlays in the long term
- Advocate for the taxpayer by seeking fairness to minimize their individual tax burden
For more information, contact Ellsworth Chase @ 860-922-4400
We are always looking for new members who share our values and the desire to preserve Pomfret’s quality of life.
For more information go to: https://www.facebook.com/pg/PomfretGOP/