What if I no longer live in Pomfret, but still live in Connecticut and I receive a motor vehicle tax bill from Pomfret?

-A A +A

You pay the July motor vehicle tax bill to the town you residing in on October 1 of the previous year.  If you did not change your address with the DMV please do so as soon as possible.  The DMV sends your motor vehicle listing to the town that is on the address of your registration as of October 1.  If the address is wrong, it will go to the wrong town and have to be transferred.  We do not pro-rate between towns.