Hours of Operation
Wednesday: 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Town Clerk's Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM; Wednesday 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM; Closed Friday
Welcome to the Pomfret Town Clerk's Office. The Town Clerk’s Office is open during all regular business hours of the Town Hall. We are responsible for the recording, indexing, keeping, and preserving of the land records, and land maps and surveys for the Town. The Town minutes, boards’ and commissions’ minutes, the appointments, the latest Revisions of the State General Cumulative Supplemental and Special Acts, and the Connecticut State Register and Manual are also in the keeping of the Town Clerk’s office. We also have custody of the Probate records, except for the most recent files which are in the custody of the Judge of Probate.
The Town Clerk and Assistant Town Clerk, as the Registrar of Vital Statistics and Assistant Registrar of Vital Statistics, issue and record marriage licenses; record, keep, index, and preserve all vital records for the Town; and issue certified copies. Other services performed by the Town Clerk’s Office are registering voters, issuing dog licenses, selling of State of Connecticut sport licenses, making available the regulations of the Town for public review and/or purchase, and keeping of all the records of the Town that are in the custody of the Town Clerk.
The mission of the Town Clerk’s Office is dedication to administration by preserving the records of the Town of Pomfret, upholding the Connecticut General State Statutes and the ordinances and special acts of the Town of Pomfret, and serving our citizens and the general public in all aspects empowered to this office. To promote a professional, helpful, and friendly experience for those seeking our assistance.
Citizen feedback is welcome, please click here to send us your comment.
- Adoption of Trade Name
- Dog Licensing
- Elected Officials
- Elections & Voting
- Federal & State Legislators
- Justices of the Peace
- Land Records
- Land Records on the Internet
- Legal Notices
- Link to CT Gov website
- ON-LINE VOTER REGISTRATION
- Open Burning Permits
- SECRETARY OF THE STATE-VOTER LOOK UP TOOL
- Sport Licenses
- Town Clerk Legal Notices
- Town Clerk's Office - Schedule of Fees
- Town Meetings
- Town Officials Listing
- Town of Pomfret Cumulative Supplement of Ordinances & Special Acts
- Vital Records
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a relative or a friend become ordained through the internet and offciate our marriage?
- Where do I file my DD-214 (Armed Forces Honorable Discharge Papers)?
- How do I get a veteran's exemption on my taxes in Pomfret?
- Where do I go to record a release of mortgage or other land record document(s)?
- Does the Town Clerk's Office do title searches?