Energy Assistance

Applications for energy assistance for the 2017-2018 heating season are now being accepted by the Access Community Action Agency. Program eligibility is determined by total household gross income and is available for all heated households using oil, kerosene, propane, wood, coal, electric, or natural gas heat except motor homes and campers.

Pomfret residents can contact Access in Willimantic at 860-450-7400 or in Danielson at 860-412-1600 to make an appointment to determine eligibility and to find out what documentation they will need to bring to their appointments. Appointments are currently available during the agency’s normal business hours of 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.

The Energy Assistance program is designed to offset winter heating costs for low-income (below 60% of state median income) households in Windham and Tolland counties. Benefits are determined by total household gross income and liquid assets.
Pomfret residents also have the option to apply through T.E.E.G. in Thompson or at the Pomfret Senior Center by appointment by calling (860) 923-3458. 

Both the Access Agency and T.E.E.G. require the same documentation as listed below:

To apply for assistance, applicants must schedule an appointment and provide copies of the following documents for all household members (please confirm when making appointment.)

  • Names, birth dates and Social Security cards.
  • Gross income for 4 consecutive weeks immediately prior to your application (paystubs, self-employment worksheet, unemployment printout) for everyone in the households over 18.
  • Self-employment Worksheet, 1040 and Schedule C.
  • SS, SSI, SSDI Cash Assistance - statement required from debit card deposits , SNAP, Rental Income (monthly)
  • Pensions, VA, Bank Interest (CD, IRA)
  • Child Support and/or Alimony documents
  • Lease, rent receipt, mortgage statements, tax bill or Lot rent receipt.
  • CL&P and/or Yankee Gas bill(s) in adult household member’s name.
  • Landlord’s name, address and phone.
  • All pages from your recent bank accounts statements showing name and account numbers (checking & Savings). Name of Bank and Account Number must be on the printed statements.
  • Financial aid forms for everyone in the household.

For information regarding the Emergency Supplemental Fund available to Pomfret residents contact T.E.E.G. directly.